VALOUR
♛ An original medieval fantasy roleplay

PLOT
WANTED CHARACTERS
INFORMATION
After colonising in the mysterious land of Nordribjod in which creatures previously assumed to be mere legend roam, the men of the recently-founded country of Skystead have fallen subject to greed. The area of land bestowed upon them by the Velren elves is not enough, it seems. They want more, and they aren't afraid to let the elves know by openly attacking. Will they succeed, or will the elves continue to fend them off? The elves also want land, what they consider their land. The world is cooling and what was once Velren farmland is now fields of ice. One thing is certain— these growing tensions have everyone wondering just who they can trust.
Opened May 19.
Valour is an 18+ medievalesque fantasy roleplay set in an original world.

Add Reply
New Poll

A BLESSING AND A CURSE, CLARICE DÜSTERWALD
Merek DeGrey
 Posted: May 27 2017, 12:50 PM

Skystead

Thirty Six years old

Inquisition Commander

Estrian

Abyss

Merek pondered over his thoughts as he sat in the dimly little room in his brown woolen tunic. The orange light flickered just above him; his fingers moving slowly over the surface of the breastplate. Several designs, in what clearly represented dragons, wrapped around the obsidian piece. He could feel the ridges of scales that protruded from along the creatures back and sides. What truly terrified him was not the design or the look but what he felt while wearing it. It gave a sense of power that he had never felt before and somewhere inside himself he liked it. Sure, it took almost all his magic just to even use the thing but, in his eyes, the means was justified. However, the bloodlust and the desire to drink on the life essence and magic of others was something he wrestled with. There had to be a way to find out what kind of twisted designs and magic was used to forge such a dangerous creation.

That was when it suddenly hit him. The mages guild held professors and instructors that each taught a specific type of magic. Last Merek recalled, there was a professor who taught malevolent magic. The problem lay in that whoever was involved in that type of magic always had some sort of affinity for getting in trouble. As a matter of fact, every mage who wanted to harm others or had some twisted evil plans usually practiced that type of magic. Ironic that he would find himself having to approach one to help with his current problem.

The night air did little to help calm Merek’s nerves and intuition. The glowing rays of the moon peered through the stone buildings windows; almost as if guiding Merek to his destination as he traversed the stairs of the great stone building that held the mages. From the outside, the building always looked far taller and larger than it felt from the inside. Regardless, he was here to find the one person who could give him answers. Didn’t take much to find out the name of the professor who taught the dark magic and even more so for her office. Honestly, there was a feeling in the pit of his stomach that echoed throughout the fiber of his very being. This was certainly a bad idea but what other choice did he have?

Merek took one last effort to convince himself as he finally arrived at the door to her office. His choice was made when his hand, almost like a will of its own, gripped the door handle and open the office. His eyes quickly scanned the office as if immediately searching for any reason to suddenly leave.

“Hello, Is anyone here?”

Clarice Düsterwald

PM
^
Clarice Düsterwald
 Posted: May 27 2017, 10:40 PM

Skystead

35 years old

PRofessor of Malevolent Magic

Estrian

Nya

Disappointedly, or perhaps not, her office was no different than any of the other professors. Well maintained with a desk at the far end along with several book cases filled with books that had less to do with her craft then one would think. Nothing screamed there was a mage here who practiced malevolent magic, and even less that this one was a master of her craft or a professor in the magic. And she preferred it that way, Anything truly incriminatory was in her own quarters, or in the halls those of her inclination knew of. The only difference was that she was still present.

Most of her colleagues had already retired for the evening, while her practice tended to go better during the night. Plus, less questions that way, even if everything she did was above ground.

The voice was still a surprise and she looked up. She had been by one of the cases, just out of direct sight so she stepped into view. "Commander," she gave. Her tone was friendly, yet one of one that knew that generally the Inquisition did not come by without cause. And definitely not in this office.

She set her book down, and motioned to him. "Do come in. Have any of my students caused any sorts of problems?"

Merek DeGrey
PMEmail
^
Merek DeGrey
 Posted: May 28 2017, 01:29 PM

Skystead

Thirty Six years old

Inquisition Commander

Estrian

Abyss

A sense of relief washed over Merek when the mage exposed herself to him. He figured it was a long shot that someone or anybody would still be in their office at this time of night. Still, as relieved as he was, there was still that bit of tense feeling within. Every evil mage he ever encountered, for the most part, were involved with malevolent magic. This was such a common occurrence that even Merek himself was starting to believe that all mages who practiced that kind of magic were all intertwined. At this point, he didn’t have many options in the form of help for the shrouded armor.

Merek gave a curt nod before he stepped into her office; his armor gripped between the fingers in his left hand as he pushed the door to give him more room to enter her office.
“Oh, nothing of that sort.” He interjected, moving in plain sight of her. Merek scanned around looking for a nearby table onto which he could rest his armor on top of. “I have some questions about this piece. I have a hunch that magic is infused within it.” He said, resting his hand on top of the equipment and giving a slight nod to it.

Clarice Düsterwald

PM
^
Clarice Düsterwald
 Posted: May 28 2017, 03:44 PM

Skystead

35 years old

PRofessor of Malevolent Magic

Estrian

Nya

She closed the book and set it aside before moving to the table and the armor. "We don't see you here often Commander, so when I do I am always cautious." She offered him a smile. He didn't seem to trust her or the magic, and she planned to change that. The less he suspected her, the better. Was she able to, she would worm her way into his life, and blind him to the things she did in the shadows.

"And I may disagree with your opinion, but young people do so often misunderstand things. Magic is not meant to harm others. If any of mine fall into that trap, or those outside these walls do you do have me as an ally. I do not wish to be feared, or hated. Nor do I wish that upon any other." She looked to the armor then and stepped closer. She circled it, looking it over and noting the designs.

"Well crafted, although I know little of such matters." She raised her hand and set it on the armor. She closed her eyes for a moment then opened them and blinked. She could feel it resonate, and removed her hand. It wasn't hers, had an owner and would dislike if another would touch it or dare to try and use magic on it.

The fact that she wasn't falling over, laughing hysterically showed her will and resolve. Oh but this was just delightful. Instead she turned worried eyes on the commander. "Where did you find this? And did this place have any inscriptions? Markers that you could see?"

Merek DeGrey
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

skinned by noä of cttw