VALOUR
♛ An original medieval fantasy roleplay

PLOT
WANTED CHARACTERS
INFORMATION
After colonising in the mysterious land of Nordribjod in which creatures previously assumed to be mere legend roam, the men of the recently-founded country of Skystead have fallen subject to greed. The area of land bestowed upon them by the Velren elves is not enough, it seems. They want more, and they aren't afraid to let the elves know by openly attacking. Will they succeed, or will the elves continue to fend them off? The elves also want land, what they consider their land. The world is cooling and what was once Velren farmland is now fields of ice. One thing is certain— these growing tensions have everyone wondering just who they can trust.
Opened May 19.
Valour is an 18+ medievalesque fantasy roleplay set in an original world.

Add Reply
New Poll

Bandits you say?, tag ;; The Seven Blades
Drago Volkov
 Posted: Jun 3 2017, 01:04 PM

Nordribjod

301 years old

Master of War

Velren Elf

Tal

For some people peace time was when you got old and fat, when you could sit pack and watch your fortunes rise. Drago Volkov was not among those men. He believed in 'busy peace.' Peace was when he had the time to do all the things there was never time to do during war. He traveled Nordribjod extensively, toured the holdfasts and villages. Examined tourists and garrisons. He met the men & women that guarded the crosses and the paths, listened to what kept them up at night. If he could solve a problem there and then he would, if not it was a matter to be brought before the Council.

His latest tour had taken him to Skjern. It was the first unimportant village one come across if they had taken the main road from Skystead and traveled into the domain of the Elves. Skjern however had a problem. Bandits. Runaways from some human army had snuck over the border to escape a deserters death and now they had hidden away in the hills outside Skjern. They had come in the night, set a few houses a blaze and demanded tribute. It wouldn't do. The ealderman had told Drago all he knew. Two dozen men with mail, sword and shield, a few bows.

Though the Master of War had left Bulíd with a dozen reliable men-at-arms they had been dispatched to aide help with repairs and watch the show. Drago would do what he had so often do, find a few strong hands and go sort out the problem. A sign had been posted and word had been spread. The idea of coin being made for work always brought a few, either farmers looking to stand up to the problem and defend their homes or a few sellswords. Sometimes something in between.

Drago sought out the Inn and took on just about every room for his lads and he. The local economy would appreciate that for sure. So there he was, adorned in a suit of ash grey armour of, plates interwoven in links of mail with his sword Szczerbiec hanging from his hip. The local stew and bread he had found was to his liking and the ale wasn't half bad either. There was no telling how long it would take to gain the attention of the eventual saviours of this village.
PM
^
Heidrún Njordrdottir
 Posted: Jun 4 2017, 05:30 AM

Felvenelle

50 years old

Mercenary

Felven elf

Nya

The Blades were everywhere, something set up by those who'd come before her. As much as Heidrún made herself an integral part of her Guild, she was only a few decades into it and the mechanizations had been a process of decades before her to be implemented. It was why she could use it as such a springboard for her goals. Wars could rage and people would die but in any war mercenaries were a useful tool. Same with anything else. A guard needed more people on his noble's house, a caravan had to cross notorious bandit roads. And beyond the Guild, mercenaries talked. It was how word spread, jobs got around, and temporary or more permanent alliances could be made.

She'd thus heard of the job from one she'd worked with before, and decided it was an excellent way to get a foot for the Blades into Nordribjod. A place she herself knew very little about. She was curious. So she'd grabbed Alaric, and a decent collection of the other Blades. The tale she'd heard had made the opposing force seem much akin to a dragon and as someone who spend most of her days spinning these things she knew sometimes they held truth and sometimes they were complete lies. She bet on the safe side, and took sixteen with her, including the latest of the kids she was mentoring. A good amount of those were people like her, those who had been doing this for a while and knew both risk and reward. No one who would get heroic, or do something stupid but those she could depend on to do the job and do it well.

The coin being promised didn't exactly call for this sort of force but she could make it work. She'd picked her men to that appropriate mindset, those who knew where she wanted to guide the Guild and agreed with her to where the offset of less coin was made up by the potential of future jobs they might get with this. She hoped she could renegotiate, but she also wouldn't push it either. Sometimes the future gain had to be measured by the immediate gain.

She could, at times, possess some foresight.

The journey was long, and she disliked most of it. When they came to the town she sighed. "Oh thank all the Gods." Once in walking distance she slid off her horse and passed the reigns to one of her men. "Set up camp along the outskirts until I get a feel of the place. Leave the folk alone, don't start anything." She took her spear from her horse, "Seriously, I will make anyone who does my job. Play nice with the locals. If asked, tell them you're Blades and we're here because of the job. You hear anything, let me know. I'm going to the inn." She held up a hand at the arguments, "I know I'm a terrible slave driver. I'll send out beer and food."

She nodded to Alaric, "with me kid, we'll go ask the innkeep if he's heard anything. They always know something." Wincing she stretched her back, took her spear in one hand and started for the inn. When she arrived and entered she pointedly set her weapon near the door after she'd entered, enough to say 'yes, yes I know weapon, but look it's over here' and handed Alaric a pouch. "Go get us all some food and drink." She moved to the bar and gave a winning smile to the innkeep. "Hello handsome, heard you needed a hand around here. The Seven Blades have come to offer one, but we'd like to know exactly what it is you're looking for."

Alaric Wolfe
PMEmail
^
Alaric Wolfe
 Posted: Jun 4 2017, 10:11 PM

Skystead

Twenty-Four years old

Mercenary

Human

Robin

He looked over towards the mountains that sat closely to the Moaning Mountains and muttered, “How beautiful…” His head cocked towards one of the new recruits and a smile consumed his lips, “Why is it that I have never seen such a place…” One of the older members remarked with, “Probably, because you never left the lands of Skystead, you ass…” Many of the Blades suddenly broken out into laughter as Alaric replied to the jest with a half-baked laugh that was coaxed in sarcasm. Though, the words of the veteran Blade were not completely nonsense there was still a degree of bewildered buoyancy to his attitude. This moment felt like a cornerstone for things to come as this feeling of euphoria did not leave him. Most of this happiness ranged from the fact that Alaric had never traveled this far before and was quite honored that his mentor would take him along with her. The moment they neared the village of Skjern there was shift change in demeanor for Alaric.

Alaric dismounted his steed and gave his reigns to one of younger members before following behind Heidrun with this brooding expression. He was clad in a fur garb that was bestowed upon him by Heidrun. Yet, the moment that they entered the established Tavern in the town there were many eyes that laid upon them. They were foreigners and the village was not used to seeing such mercenaries in force within their village. Alaric was a bit unsatisfied the moment that Heidrun gifted him with the coin purse. He expected to follow Heidrun extensively, but as she trailed off there was little he could do now. He found a young woman that worked the Tavern and ordered numerous food and drinks for the men before gifting her coin in exchange. There was something odd that rubbed Alaric wrong as there were various men that rooted themselves within the Inn. There was one man that looked upon Alaric with slight disdain and Alaric quickly turned his attention towards giving him an expressionless look if only to antagonize him. He walked towards Heidrun and stood behind her, “For this to be a small village their sure are a lot of men here.”
PMEmail
^
Drago Volkov
 Posted: Jun 5 2017, 08:21 AM

Nordribjod

301 years old

Master of War

Velren Elf

Tal

The background noise of conversation came to a slight stop when further newcomers arrived, these ones dressed in a manner that made it clear to any they were not local. Before long however tired faces resumed their conversations and mugs of mead took more attention than the latest strays to wander in.

Drago glanced over one shoulder to size them up. Heidrún Njordrdottir. Second blade. There was a surprise. It wasn't often one found the blades so far north, beyond the border. It happened on occasion to be sure but not often. Heidrún had a reputation and as far as Drago could tell she put no small amount of effort into cultivating that reputation. Despite her best efforts however the Master of War knew a professional when he saw one and having seen her work before he knew she was a professional. Even if she was only a wee sapling, one did not become the Second Blade by accident.

While her aide went off to fetch food at the from the Innkeep Drago found himself approached. "Greetings Second Blade. Sit please." there was a faint smile playing on his face as he sized her up, a similar glance looking to the men she had brought with her. Some were men at least, others looked to be boys. Green enough by the look them, going into a trial by fire no doubt. Who knew what importance the Blades put on a first kill or a first contract? Drago would ask Heidrún but he did not trust her to answer such a thing the way he might trust her to hold a shield wall.

She asked what the job was and he gave a nod. "Two dozen warriors, at least. Estrians and Xastilians. Deserters from the Skystead army. Hit this place in the night, lightning fast before retreating into the hills. Well trained, well equipped and they've been in those hills long enough to scout their surroundings and get dug in. " The Master of War gave it a moment to sink in, to let the Blade consider it all. It would be dangerous fighting to be sure. It wasn't the best weather for it either, rain was on the way. The clouds had been threatening it all morning. There was, afterall, nothing better than slogging it through some hills while the rain turned the path to mud with no clear idea where the enemy was actually positioned. It would most certainly be likely their scouts would be watching any decent means of approach of course, prepared to lodge an arrow into the throat of any would be hero. "I will understand if the Blades are not up to the task." Drago offered before helping himself to another mouthful of stew.
PM
^
Heidrún Njordrdottir
 Posted: Jun 5 2017, 05:01 PM

Felvenelle

50 years old

Mercenary

Felven elf

Nya

The small, petty jobs were never anyone's favorite but had to be done. Sometimes that meant putting it down the ladder. And in her eyes, there was never anything wrong with lowering people's ego's. No one was really above the small things, and while yes you could throw them down the ladder one day you'd be expected to do them yourself. The mercenary that thought themselves to good for it, were often the ones people didn't want to hire.

So when Alaric returned she gave him a grin, "noted that too kid. We're not the only ones here." Whether or not it was competition was quickly answered by another voice. Her grin broadened and she motioned Alaric along as she took a seat. "The great Drago. And you can call me Heidrún you know, everyone usually does." When he explained the job she calculated before giving a laugh at the last comment. "Rude. We're up to it." From what she recalled from the older elf, he sat on Nordribjod's council which meant he was nobility in his own right. If they did this right, and if they did this well he would speak of it to his fellow council members. The return on that investment alone was worth it. Even if he just spread word among his own people the trip would be well worth it.

This was what she wanted, except one day people like him wouldn't ask if they were up to it. Their reputation would speak for it alone. "I've brought others, at least sixteen. Veterans who have been at it for a while. The kids I'm training, showing them battle and the job. Those I planned to keep here. Well," she motioned to Alaric, "except that one." Smiling she motioned for Alaric to sit. "This is Alaric Wolfe, someone I'm currently mentoring. Lots of skill, just needs a bit of refining." She added with a smirk. "Alaric, the great Drago Volkov. Sits on Nordribjod's council last I heard of it."

She straightened, the Heidrún who loved life and telling tall tales being replaced by Second Blade. "If they're dug in there's several options here. The town looks like they've made visits and you've confirmed that with your own words. We wait, see if any of them are dumb enough to come back and try it again. We capture, and ask them very politely where the rest of them have made their base." Politely in this case meant everything but. "Which is currently looking as the better option. Looks like rain, which is going to make any search even more difficult. We could comb these hills all day and they could just pick us off and move camp."

"Or," she offered and set her elbows on the table. "We play bait. If you take us on I give my word here and now we won't be bought out. I've done a lot to make sure the Guild is growing towards that reputation. Sellswords with principle," she added with a smile. "But your pals in the mountains don't know that. If word spreads mercenaries came in, we might be approached. If that happens I could ask to be taken to their camp for negotiations, see what I can see and then come back with more information. That plan has more holes in it because bandits aren't the type to let people go. Especially not deserters, they'll be keyed up plenty already. They might just kill me straight up as well and I'm not keen on dying today." It said a lot about her she was willing to play bait herself. She'd risk herself above her own men every day.

She spread her hands, "those are the options I have. Even if you'd be willing to come with us and look through these mountains, they have terrain on us. My first plan has more merit, except they might not come down. They'll have seen the added forces. We'll take the job, but I am not going to throw my men to those wolves." She added with a smirk. "So if you have a plan that works better then either of mine I'd appreciate hearing it." She looked to Alaric, "same with you kid. You heard the deal as well as I did. How'd you smoke a couple of dug in deserters out?" She tilted her head and looked to Drago, "out of curiosity you know why they deserted?"

Alaric Wolfe
PMEmail
^
Alaric Wolfe
 Posted: Jun 5 2017, 10:12 PM

Skystead

Twenty-Four years old

Mercenary

Human

Robin

Alaric took a seat at the table and studied his mentor’s demeanor, but more importantly his eyes were steadily upon Drago. In the very presence of this moment he remembered this saying that one of the grizzled old buzzards often said to him in the Mess Hall of the Seven Blades, “See your adversary as a blessing.” He waited for his moment as Heidrun drove on about her plan of action. Her plan was reckless and not well received in the faucet of thoughts that ran throughout his mind. Yet, in those very few seconds Alaric was collecting numerous schemes of offense against the bandits right before Heidrun gave him her infamous smug expression. His tone was straightforward as he glanced towards Heidrun and then back towards Drago, “I respect Heidrun, but her plan is foolish. Your plan takes too many risk and doesn’t offer much reward.”

“Before we begin to plan then we must begin to question our enemy.”

He held up his index finger, “Why would they attack now?” Alaric tapped the table with his index finger, “I heard that you all have harsh winters here, yes? These men are Estrians and Xastilians of Skystead army. I’m sure they aren’t dug in as we believe them to be… The earth here is different from Skystead in many ways and even the sky above howls differently. They are outside of their home in a land that is unfamiliar for them. I’ve hunted men for a long time and the attack earlier wasn’t planned at all. It was most likely out of desperation. They are hungry wolves after all. “

Alaric cocked his head towards Heidrun and back towards Drago as if looking for reassurance for his analyzation of the situation, “They are deserters which would mean they’re probably low born like me. Which works in our advantage. They’ll stay on the move and if they noticed that mercenaries have arrived they’re not hunkering down in defense they’re getting ready to run if they aren’t ‘fucking fools. So, do you understand the attack earlier was not of aggression, but to gather supplies for a journey.” Alaric wasn’t very talented with suppressing his ideals and he felt as if he rambled a bit too long as he looked back towards Drago as if trying to read his body language. He wanted to show that the Seven Blades were not just some group of mercenaries that gained renown through brute force and he wanted this councilman to see that there was a reason that Heidrun allowed him to sit along with them.

Heidrún Njordrdottir
Drago Volkov
PMEmail
^
Drago Volkov
 Posted: Jun 6 2017, 03:28 PM

Nordribjod

301 years old

Master of War

Velren Elf

Tal

Drago & Heidrún were soon joined by her second, or at least her other. Evidently he enjoyed enough favour to sit with the potential patron and discuss strategy. "Heil og sæl Alaric Wolfe of the Seven Blades." Heidrún introduced him as the great Drago and he noted it was the second time she had phrased it like that in a handful of moments. He did not know if he should take it as respect or teasing. With Heidrún Njordrdottir the truth of something was often somewhere in the middle. "In the tongue of the Veloighir Volkov means Wolf. Perhaps we are distant kin." So many people were the wolves of this and the wolves of that. Before all of them however were the Great Clan Volkov, the wolves that were born in the volcanoes of the Moaning Mountains.

The Elf listened to the ideas both members of the Blades put forward. In his life long he had looked upon the battle to come from many different perspectives, the logic of one man was lost on another. Before him sat two warriors with clearly very different views on how they should proceed. "Well I'm not missing the chance to see what the Blades can do. Decide on your strategy and let me know how I can help." a hand went to rest on the helmet he had perched on the table beside his bowl, it was a dark grey like the rest of his armour with a curtain of mail hanging from the rings for the eyes. Certainly he would blend in with a band of mercenaries, nothing about it would mark him for a man of his office.

"I do not know why they deserted, unfortunately I was not here to ask." finishing his stew a moment later Drago slid the bowl to one side, his free hand then taking the horn he had been drinking from and positioned it close to his mouth. "They demanded tribute, silver as well as food supplies. They may have been hungry but they certainly aim to profit from this little expedition." He had coin a plenty to pay Heidrún & Alaric so there would be no looting from the men when it was done. Any coin reclaimed was going right back to the villagers. They were not a wealthy lot not by any stretch of the imagination. The raid did them no good. Not by a long shot.

Heidrún Njordrdottir
Alaric Wolfe

PM
^
Heidrún Njordrdottir
 Posted: Jun 6 2017, 05:14 PM

Felvenelle

50 years old

Mercenary

Felven elf

Nya

As Alaric spoke she turned her eyes to him. Amusement showed in them, as it often did. "Oh ho look here. Little pup has the ages behind him. I did not know that." It wasn't meant as cruelly as it sounded. Had she not wanted him to speak, she'd not have asked him. But she wasn't that sort of leader. Let him make mistakes now, when he could still be molded rather then when he was older and set in his ways. From failure came the best sort of experience. Still, in a case like this she would want as little failure as possible. Both for the potential of loss of life, and for potential future jobs.

Smiling she crossed her arms, noting how Drago would join them. It made her desire to do well grow a touch stronger. "Silver and food," she added thoughtfully. "Probably enough to get them by, food wise, and the coin is probably some tribute they've thought themselves into thinking they deserve. I do dislike deserters." It was curious they had, and might not even be the first. It said a lot about Skystead these men had left their army, and their King behind. "Want to keep a few of them alive?" She asked toward Drago, "see why they deserted?" She respected him enough to make sure he'd get to take this little adventure back to his council. Considering how touchy things seemed to be, she figured it might be good to know the truth of the matter.

Then she looked back to Alaric and straightened. "You sure about this?" She gave him her full attention. "We have someone willing to go who knows the area, at least somewhat. The rain will wash whatever tracks we could get away. And they have terrain on us. All they have to do is find a place where they're higher then us. Then it doesn't matter how many we've brought, or will bring. They're also soldiers, about two dozen of them. They aren't fools, no, so they might want to leave ad find easier pickings. Or they're confident and just waiting us out."

None of her questions were cruelly put or asked angrily. She was offering the kid a chance of learning tactics. "You say my plan is foolish and takes risk. So does your own. You're not risking yourself here. You're risking our team, me, and Drago here too." Unspoken was the 'and our potential future gain'. She held Alaric's eyes. "Can you be certain enough of how you perceive these deserters to risk all of those lives? And if you are, how would you do it? You know who we've brought, what we can do. But what we know of our foes is less. Give me a strategy, a good one, that makes sure we don't walk out of here with less then what we've brought and I'll put it into action. Make the plan you offer less risky then my own and it's yours. Convince me, and our friend here. Because right now you're plan has more holes in it then mine."

Alaric Wolfe
Drago Volkov
PMEmail
^
Alaric Wolfe
 Posted: Jun 6 2017, 06:26 PM

Skystead

Twenty-Four years old

Mercenary

Human

Robin

“Who would you be?”

In those selective seconds of Heidrun’s request there was a silence as Alaric tried to summon some sort of plan that didn’t involve risk. Her words were like a constant ringing in his head as they played repeatedly throughout the cervices of his mind. “No… No… No…” Alaric played scenario after scenario and though the framework of each situation played to a different result there was risk. There was always risk and that left Alaric stumbling for an answer. All the mercenary wanted was a conclusion that brought about the happy ending. The happy ending was all that he wanted to achieve, but that yearning was smeared in punishment and varnished in reward. This was the curse of being a leader and Alaric didn’t like it at all.

“I will be truthful, Heidrun. You have me at a standstill.” A grin wagered across his lips as he leaned back against his chair. He shook his head with this dastardly smile that hid the frustration that left his head beaming with anger. Yet, as he sighed and cocked his head towards his lovely mentor there was a fire nestled in the ire of his eyes before he irked out his only solution, “The only idea that I have with the least amount of risk of failure will take at least two days to complete and we are pressed for time. “He glanced at Drago, “You speak of food supplies and silver, yes? Why not, make them believe that we will give it to them? If they are watching the village then why not for the next day begin placing items upon a carriage to achieve the perception of a caravan, but something to pique interest. We can have the mercenaries make a fuss and leave town. Some of the men will follow to give it realism. The rest of the men here will dress in that of the garb of common men and if they believe it then they’ll attack the village by nightfall. They need food and this’ll be the only chance if any to attack again.” He shook his head, “That is the plan with the most reward that I can think of… We will not have to chase them into the hills. We will bring them to us. All we would need is preparation and time.”
PMEmail
^
Drago Volkov
 Posted: Jun 8 2017, 06:55 PM

Nordribjod

301 years old

Master of War

Velren Elf

Tal

The Master of War watched the two discuss a possible plan. The discussion between the two made one thing tremendously clear, it would be impossible to go forward without any real confidence while they were so blind. That left one very obvious option. "We three will go scouting." he cut into the conversation with that statement, eyeing them both up while finishing his drink. Once they had a moment to let the words sink in (and he had finished said drink) he elaborated.

"The three of us will be more discreet than a larger scout party and we will move more quickly. The rain will reduce visibility and I'm rather sure we won't enjoy it but they will most certainly not be expecting anyone about. They will let down their guard down, try stay dry and warm as best they can.
Professional soldiers or not, they're exposed to the elements in a foreign land.
" It had been a long time since he had been a wandering exile. In those days he had often braved the elements. It was rough and hard, a runny nose had been almost a permanent fixture for a year but it brought its own serenity. When you know where your destination is and you know you must manage one foot in front of the other one way or another things just start to get simple. The wind and rain battering your shape as they like but you just press on.

"If we leave now we can get the lay of the land with the last few hours of sunlight." before long they would be operating in the dark and the ideal. It would be wildly uncomfortable and no doubt dangerous but if it was simple work a lesser sort would do it. Surely it would not be too great a challenge for the Master of War and two brave warriors of the Seven Blades.

Rising from the table Drago made sure he had everything he would need, patting himself down to make sure everything was in place. "I'm certainly heading for the hills, if you wish to join me feel free to follow." with that in mind Drago turned to the barkeep, giving a wave of his hand and a nod to gain his attention before holding up some coins, once the tavernkeep gave a nod of acknowledgement he placed them down on the table beside the now empty bowl of stew and only then pulled himself away, confident steps taking him towards the exit.
PM
^
Heidrún Njordrdottir
 Posted: Jun 9 2017, 03:02 AM

Felvenelle

50 years old

Mercenary

Felven elf

Nya

It might not have been completely fair to let Alaric flounder like he was, but if he wanted to climb the ladder, one day even wear an insignia like hers and be a part of leadership, he had to learn those prices. Had to learn how to measure risk versus reward when very real lives were at stake. He had to learn the men weren't just numbers, that they were flesh and blood and thus to be protected. Too many cast others off as casualties of the job. She wouldn't have it. IF that meant tossing Alaric into the deep end, with sea beasts, she would. Better he learn now.

She opened her mouth, retort on her tongue when Drago cut them off. She slid her glance to him and shrugged. Fair as fair was, it was a good option. She shrugged at his comment and rose after him. Smiling she patted Alaric's shoulder. "It's a good plan for later kid. Come on. Let's see how it's done." She winked at him before hurrying after Drago. She picked up her spear from the side of the door and fell into step behind the elder elf. Once outside she glanced to the sky and sighed to the rain. "I left Felvenelle to get away from the water. Must it keep finding me?"

"So," she offered companionably. She would be more quiet in the hills but until they got there she had plenty of opportunity to talk. And she genuinely did like to get to know people. "How does the world find you these days Drago? I mean this as nicely as I can but why are you here? Someone like you," she gave him an appreciative grin, "seems like he might consider a nice fire. Some rest. Family even. And yet here you are, in a town that you could have send just your men to. Granted I may not have much room to speak, considering I could have done the same but I'm trying to grow my Guild. But even I don't plan to do that forever. One day I will hang up my spear, let the young ones handle things. I'm curious why you aren't."

She held up one hand, "of course you can tell me to sod off. I have no business prying after all. And I'd much rather not be on the business end of that sword of yours. I plan to die old, with my head firmly ontop of my shoulders."

Drago Volkov
Alaric Wolfe
PMEmail
^
Alaric Wolfe
 Posted: Jun 11 2017, 10:26 PM

Skystead

Twenty-Four years old

Mercenary

Human

Robin

“Well that works…” The interjection of Drago was well received in the opinion of Alaric as he stood in response to Drago. His plan was a good one, but it was one of anticipation. A plan that was martyred in embellished theory & hubris. Alaric had everything that he needed as he followed behind the two seasoned veterans and kept his mouth firmly closed. The very moment they stepped out of the Towns Inn there were a few cadets that stood by the tables with cups of mead & meat to fill their stomachs from the journey.

“I will tell the men of the plan that will take place.” He rushed over and immediately the group of seasoned mercenaries turned their attention to Alaric, “We were just talking about you. I was telling the cadets about the moment we met you… You were like an angry goat.” The group buckled with laughter as Alaric interrupted with the strategy proposed by Drago. The men bobbed their heads and peered up from Alaric only to peer towards Drago with untrusting eyes even for him being the councilman of Nordribjod. The Seven Blades were all too untrusting for any outside of their group and even Alaric was feeling tension erupted from the men of Drago even before he was formally introduced to Drago. Alaric ended things with the others and made his way towards Drago and Heidrun only to be return as Heidrun finishing her endless chatter. He remarked with irony as interjected in their conversation, “I hope you aren’t boring Master Drago with your endless questions, Heidrun. We want him at full strength if we run into bandits.”
PMEmail
^
Drago Volkov
 Posted: Jun 18 2017, 12:12 PM

Nordribjod

301 years old

Master of War

Velren Elf

Tal

Once outside Drago took a moment to survey the village. Even at a glance he could tell luring the deserters could only go poorly. They had already displayed a capacity to burn things to the ground and so much of the place was clearly flammable it could be turned into a ruin in a heart beat. Not to mention village folk themselves, they were a sturdy lot to be sure. No doubt plenty of them had a half decent shield hanging up in their homes and an axe to go with it but their attackers were professional and hardened soldiers. They had attacked when it suited them and now the villages nerves were on edge. It seemed everything was ready to go up in smoke.

"Simple enough really, I believe in busy peace." the elder elf explained while gesturing to the path they would take. Wasn't quite right to call it a road. "I was asked to be Master of War because of a set of skills and expertise I have developed over a very long period of time. Back before either of you were born I used to make a living traveling between villages, chasing off bandits or hunting down monsters. Whatever kept people awake at night. Afterwards I would spend some time helping the villagers, teach them a thing or two so next time they wouldn't be waiting for a wandering sword to chance upon their town." The Master of War took a moment to check on his horse, she would not be coming on the little journey. Discretion was the goal and no doubt they would be sneaking through some bushes before long. She could stay behind, no doubt she would just hate to miss all the rain he would get to enjoy.

"Now that I sit on the Council I need to spend a great deal of time discussing the future of my people...when we're at peace however my duties are limited. I set an agenda and local chiefs and sheriffs see to the day to day running. That means I have time to get out into the world and see everything myself. Put the hands I trust most to work as often as possible and in as many places as possible. If nothing else it keeps me young." Drago set the pace and guided the other two out of the village, it didn't take long before the village itself was in the distance and their surroundings reminded them precisely what rural really meant. A beaten down dirt path was all they had leading them into the hills, patches of light woodland visible in everything direction as far as the eye could see. It would be easy for someone to get lost if they felt like it.

Alaric Wolfe
Heidrún Njordrdottir

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

skinned by noä of cttw